Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunny and Peaceful Sunday




The flags are all set out for the Memorial Day service tomorrow.  I took my walk early this morning as this is one very hot Memorial Day weekend, and it's really striking to walk through the cemetery with all the flags.  My parents were out early yesterday morning, putting many flags out for the service too.  Everyone had long lists of veterans and some were very hard to find as their headstones were so old that some of the engravings were worn down.  The top photo I took of the crosses that represents the veterans of the wars, going all the way back to the Spanish American war in this cemetery. 

Emily must have been feeling my stress as she went through a bit of stressful times herself.  She has been pulling her furs out, but we both seem to be doing ok now.  She has been playing with her favorite prey, Mr. Duckie and I'm enjoying my peaceful walks again.

I Peter 5:7
Cast your cares upon the Lord, for he cares about you.

2 comments:

  1. The cemetery looks beautiful, and Emily is so cute with Mr. Duckie. It will be lovely to have the day off from work tomorrow...no special plans, just going to hang out at home and relax. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job at the cemetery. Poor Emily, I hope she'll be ok. I hope you'll be ok too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)