Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday


The balance of life always starts with the trees, doesn't it? They give us the air we breathe, food and shelter for all of us and I enjoy a good hike through the woods, sometimes also getting to see the little animals that live there, like this little chipmunk that was more interested in our trail mix than fearing us. Today I'm also thankful for the healing powers of the trees, spiritually and physically, as many of our medicines have come from our ancient forests. These huge trees were part of an ancient forest, and as you can tell by the size of the kids, this was one of our hikes through the woods years ago. It made me feel very small among those huge trees, but protected in a way I can only describe as spiritual, as I could really feel the wisdom, beauty, and peace of these ancient trees, created for us. I can only imagine what that little chipmunk must have felt.
May my heart become
the fastest climber
of life's tallest tree.




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)