Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

So many things to be thankful for today...thinking of a warm home in this freezing weather. You wonder how anything can survive in these conditions, but still it's wonderful to see the beauty in nature all around us.

Something that makes me smile on such days as today...a poem by my daughter based on the poem "Trees" by Joyce Kilmer

I think I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

When I go outside,
I hope you don't mind,
for when I see a tree,
please, let me be.

Then I climb to the top,
so far up I can't hear the horse's clip-clop.

Then, sadly, when I have to come down,
I fall quickly with a bound
on something round.


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that poem! And the story of the Three Trees. Beautiful picture. You wonder how the homeless survive. Have a great day, Emily and Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful indeed! :) Thank you for the letter, thought I was starting to read a book haha..I love those kinds of letters! You'll be getting one of those soon. Smile today :) Love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)