Sunday, June 23, 2013

Imagination on a Sunday




It was difficult for me to imagine my childhood backyard being completely dug up but it had to happen...new sewer lines.  Not very imaginative, I know, another one of those grown-up decisions that completely conflicted with my summertime imagination.  When they tore up the sidewalk, I thought I'd never get over that one.  Then the roses began to bloom again and my heart melted all over again...my imagination restored.  I have a wonderful sense of my next work of art and I have been dreaming in colors lately.

When you are describing,
A shape, or sound, or tint;
Don't state the matter plainly,
But put it in a hint;
And learn to look at all things,
With a sort of mental squint.
~Lewis Carroll

1 comment:

  1. I know you haven't been blogging lately..but wanted to wish you a Blessed New Year..may it be a great year.. xoxCarolyn./Rosebud

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)