Friday, October 2, 2009

Aroma of Autumn


"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." (Frank Lloyd Wright) I recently had a suggestion to pick up a fall leaf and smell it to enjoy the aroma of autumn. Watch out for the bugs. That's getting up close and personal with nature but I'm pretty sure I can smell the aroma of autumn by walking through some leaves, letting the wind carry its scent. The scent is intensified after a rain and the mix of pine needles and fallen leaves from deciduous trees is absolutely autumn for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be afraid of the bugs too. I only wish we'd get colorful leaves in the yard like we used to when Evan was little. Now they just seen to curl up and turn brown. The kids still love jumping in them no matter the color.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of colorful leaves here still, took some photos in Crystal Lake Park yesterday on lunch break.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)