Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prayer of St. Francis


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury,pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
This has always been one of my favorite prayers (and songs) and I thought appropriate to share today. Sorry for our loss of another great woman in our family, our memories remain to find joy in the days ahead. You are all in my heart and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. That was my favorite song when I used to play the guitar in St Anthony's Church. It is so full of meaning. Can you make any more of those cat towels?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I can make more cat towels for you if you'd like some, just let me know. I just sold my lighthouse set of pillowcases (ebay) so that made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're selling! :) I have a few more interested in my bags since we've moved, so hopefully I'll be busy before Christmas!

    Have you heard from Aunt Debbie? I'm just wondering how Grandma Flora's doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)