Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Art is not easy

The colors of autumn are beginning to diminish but I enjoy them until the very last of the leaves are gone, as are evident in our poor little trees in front of our house already. So sometimes I have to venture out to look for more colors of autumn. This drive found us near the Elk River to enjoy nature. We did spot a heron but it was pretty far away, so by the time we came close to the spot where it was, a very fast, very noisy boat went roaring by and scared it away. They were going so fast, I don't know how they could even navigate and certainly not be able to appreciate nature that way at all. We watched every ripple of the river, every leaf still attached to its tree and some floating away, birds flying by, and appreciated it all. Autumn at its best.














"To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy."


Norman Maclean from "A River Runs Through It"

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! I'll bet you all had a wonderful time.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pic's! I drove by lakes today on the way to work, but driving & taking pictures doesn't always work so well. I like yours! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)