Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday: New Year's Eve

The beach is one of my favorite places anytime of the year...the beautiful colors of the seastars, the rushing sound of the waves (that actually have a calming effect on me) and the scent of sea salt in the air are just a few good reasons for me to visit the beach. I visited this beach and tide pool by the Pacific Ocean on another bittersweet birthday, ten years ago today. It is a good day for reflection and I'm thankful for these memories, most of my fondest memories involve being at the beach, that brings me joy and peace in my heart. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how I take the beach for granted. Sometimes weeks go by without my even driving by it. It's funny the wave sounds soothe you, they make me nervous! Oh well, what doesn't anymore?
    cindy

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and much happiness on your birthday..Happy New Year and remember..New Beginnings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in the picture. The beaches here in my part of Southern Californis are so crowded, In my opinion it has taken away the pleasure of going there. I like the mountais and the desert.
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Emily and I appreciate it...meow! Smile today. :)